A Little History
This is Katie’s story. Hopefully it will inspire you to achieve greater things in your business life, and to take the chance to exceed your expectations – ultimately to find that “better you”.
Katie left school at the age of 13 without any qualifications, she was a victim of bullying which caused her severe pain throughout her teenage years. Despite this she managed to overcome the pain and developed a passion for modelling and it was the only thing that kept Katie going. It got her out of the house and she was regularly meeting new people and earning a good wage from a young age.
Modelling boosted her confidence and she began using the Internet to develop her marketing skills. Katie realised that at the end of the day her business was herself and on each casting or meeting she attended she knew that she had to win them over to choose her!
After studying many business books and networking/learning how social media worked alongside finding the best team for the salon and training with the best companies combined with having the correct mindset, putting her heart and soul into the business the salon got busier and busier.
- From having £40 a week to now turning over 6 figure sums!
- From having ZERO clients to thousands.
- From 1 salon to a franchised salon with 4 branches.
- From having 1 staff member to over 20 under the KG Brand.
- From having no freedom to all the freedom she wanted.
Were the tears and breakdowns worth it?… of course they were! KG Salon is now a Multi Award winning franchised business.
In 2014 Katie opened her 2nd salon, KG Styling, a hairdressers which she sold two years later making triple the money she put in. Since then she has now:
- Launched a training academy which is now in several locations around the UK.
- Launched ‘KG Professional’ eyelash products which are sold in over 2000 salons worldwide.
- Franchised KG Salon which now has 4 branches.
- The Life Of KG Podcast – Available on all podcast apps including Apple and Spotify for all beauty and business girls.
- Number 1 Amazon best selling book “Extraordinary Women”
- Judge and speaker around the UK.